Troubleshoot Printer Driver Is Unavailable Error Efficiently
There is an extensive array of issues which may come to your printer. It ranges from a simple issue for example unclear printing, stuck paper, to the more technical one such as printer driver is unavailable error. When you have this issue, possibilities are that you think the printer needs complicated treatment only techy person knows. But wait! This issue is actually simple if you know what to do.
When it comes to “Printer driver is unavailable error”, it denotes that the printer driver is not compatible with your computer or is outdated. It may also signify that the driver is corrupt and it cannot be recognized by the computer. What must you do? There is nothing to bother about. The issue which seems to be complicated can be resolved in a few minutes.
Solutions To Fix Printer Driver Is Unavailable Error
When the computer cannot find your printer driver, you will not be able to use the printer. It means the printing job will be uncompleted. You don’t need to be a computer expert to cope with this issue. Basically, there are two simple solutions to bring your printer back to work.
The first one, uninstall the printer driver from your system and reinstall it back to the module. Second, update the driver for the out-of-date driver may also lead to such error. Follow the commands below to fix printer driver is unavailable issue.
1. Uninstalling the printer
Uninstalling the printer is an effective way to deal with the error. When you notice “Printer driver is unavailable” notification, you can uninstall the printer and entire related software and reinstall the driver to the computer. Let’s say this action helps renew the system and remove the entire issues. Follow these steps sequentially to uninstall the printer. The steps in each computer may differ.
- Press Windows + R then enter ‘control’ in the dialogue box, click Enter. After opening the Control Panel, tap Devices and Printers.
- You will notice a list of entire printers. Right-click on the right printer which causes the problem, choose “Remove device”.
- Press Windows + R and enter ‘devmgmt.msc’. Navigate to ‘Print queues’, right-click on the right printer and select ‘Uninstall device’. The error printer may not be available after removing the printer.
- Press Windows + R, enter ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the dialogue box then press Enter. All applications will be listed, right-tap on the desired printer application. Choose ‘Uninstall’.
- After doing the steps, disconnect the printer from your system or disconnect from the router. Close the computer and printer. Plug out the entire power supplies and wait for nearly 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, plug again the modules back and turn on your computer. Connect the printer to the system and wait until the device detected. Reinstall the driver to your system.
- Go to control panel, right-click on the desired device and choose ‘Set as default printer’. Check if the issue persists.
2. Reinstall the latest driver manually
After doing such methods but the issue persists, you may require to consider this method. Try to update the printer driver in manuall way. In few cases, printer driver does not work suitably because of Windows update. To deal with the issue, you need to update the driver manually and install to the computer. Follow the commands below to do this method.
- Open Run by pressing Windows + R then enter ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the dialogue box then press Enter.
- Go to ‘Print queues’, right click on the desired printer hardware then choose ‘Update driver’.
- You will notice a pop-up dialogue box containing ways to update the driver. Choose ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ and continue.
- Choose the driver you want to download.
- Check if your printer is working suitably. Go to Microsoft official website and download ‘wushowhide.diagcab’.
- Run the package, tap Next then choose ‘Hide updates’.
- Choose the printer update. From now on, Windows will not automatically update the printer driver until you allow it.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
Those are two solutions which you can use to fix Printer driver is unavailable error. You can begin with the first method, that is by uninstalling the printer driver and reinstall it to your computer. If the issue persists, you can perform the second solution by updating the driver. Possibilities are that your printer driver is broken because of Windows update.
Consult tech-savvy geeks at Uspcsolutions For help
If Printer driver is unavailable error still persists then don’t loose hope at all. Consult printer experts at Uspcsolutions to get quick support to eradicate error code in stipulated time possible.
Q) How to make my printer driver available?
A) Choose Start > Settings > Windows Update. Choose Check for updates at the top of the page. After the check is finish, choose Advanced options, then choose Optional updates. Choose Driver updates if available.
Q) How to get my laptop to recognize my printer?
A) Just plug the USB cable from your printer into an available USB port on your computer, and turn the printer on. Choose the Start button, then choose Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Choose Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find nearby printers, then select the one you wish to use, and choose Add device.