Guide To Troubleshoot HP Printer Not Printing Colour
HP printer not printing can arise because of several reasons like faulty printer drivers, wrong configurations, or issues with connectivity. If you are also having trouble printing from your HP printer then you should go through this article to find the best possible solutions.
Let’s not waste any time and get started with it instantly.
Begin With Basic Troubleshooting
If your HP printer is not printing, initially you must check the below-mentioned points.
- First of all, you must check if your printer is suitably connected to the computer. Check the cables connecting both the end. Also, if you are using a wireless printer then check that the network connection is working fine. Reconnect your printer to the router to resolve any connectivity issues right away.
- After resolving connectivity issues, you must try restarting your devices. Initially, turn off the HP printer and disconnect the power cord from it. Leave the printer disconnected for a few minutes and connect it again back to the power cord. Then turn on your printer and check if you can print.
Update Your HP Printer Driver
Another cause which can lead to HP printer not printing error is when your printer drivers are outdated. There are several ways to update printer drivers, some of which are provided below.
Update HP drivers with System Updates
- Initially, restart your Windows device.
- Once your computer is restarted tap on the Windows button on the keyboard.
- Then search for Check for Updates on the Windows search.
- If there are any pending Windows updates, it will begin downloading automatically. If the download doesn’t begin automatically you can click the download button to begin it manually
Update HP Printer Drivers From Device Manager
- Tap on the Windows search and enter Device Manager.
- Choose your HP printer in the Available Devices section.
- Right-tap on your HP Printer and click on the Update Driver or Update Driver Software option.
- Choose the Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software option.
- Proceed with the instructions on your screen to finish installing updated HP printer drivers.
- Once the drivers are installed effectivelly you can restart your computer and try printing again.
Update HP Printer Driver Manually
Install HP printer drivers from the HP support official website. If you can’t install the latest printer drivers from the above-mentioned methods then you should try the steps below:
- Open your web browser and find HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads.
- Here in the search box, enter your HP printer name and model. If you don’t know the exact printer model you can find it on the back or front of your printer
- Now click on enter and when you get the list of several HP printer drivers, install the suggested ones. Review the available drivers uninstall the ones which seem essential. The most significant HP printer drivers will be the ones listed on the top.
Set Your Printer As Default
Whenever you try to print something from your device the printing tasks are automatically assigned to the default printer unless you select another manually. Occasionally you forget to select the other printer while sending the printing task. In this case, you must set your HP printer as default to avoid any fuss during printing.
To do so, follow these steps provided below:
- Open the Run dialog box by clicking the Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- In the given space enter “Control” and click the Enter button. Implementing this will open the control panel on your computer.
- Now choose Devices And Printers from the Control Panel.
- Choose your HP printer from the printer section.
- Tap on the Set As Default Printer option.
- When the prompt occurs, click Yes to verify your action.
- Once you have set your HP printer as default, you will notice a checkmark on your HP printer name.
Delete Print Jobs From The Queue
If the above solution didn’t fix your issue then you should try deleting print jobs from the queue. Such an issue can also arise because of stuck print jobs. There might be a corrupted file stuck in the printing queue which might be the cause for your HP printer not printing issue.
- Initially open Control Panel on your Windows computer.
- Then visit Devices And Printers.
- Below the Printers section, Right-click on your HP printer option.
- Tap on See What’s Printing.
- Then, you require to open the Printer Menu and click on the Open As Administrator option.
- Again open the Printer menu and this time choose Cancel All Documents.
- Finally, click on confirm to remove entire print jobs from the queue.
- Once all the printing jobs are cleared from the queue you can reboot your printer as well as your computer and try printing again.
After following the above-mentioned solutions, you must be able to troubleshoot your HP printer not printing problem. In case, your HP printer problem is not fixed and you are still not able to print from your printer then you must contact our HP printer support experts at Uspcsolutions Instantly for assistance. Our skilled professionals will help you find the exact reason behind your HP printer not printing issue and fix it right away