Complete Guide To Troubleshoot Microsoft Office Error Code 0x426-0x0
If you are facing Microsoft Office error code 0x426-0x0 on your system and want an instant solution then this blog might help to do so. Well, here we are going to discuss entire possible reasons and its solution to troubleshoot error code 0x426-0x0. Thus initially, we need to understand what this error code is that?
This error code is a warning which signifies anything has gone wrong with files and methods connected to the adaptation or installation process. Most of the time, this issue arises while opening any office program like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. In that situation, the issue can be connected to that explicit program. However, in few cases, it provides just a hint that something is not good with the whole Office suite. You will notice a Microsoft Office error code 0x426-0x0 on your screen with the following error message:
Error Code: 0x426-0x0 (ERROR_SERVICE_NOT_ACTIVE)
How To Resolve Microsoft Office Error Code 0x426-0x0
In order to fix this error code, you will have to resolve any reasons which lead to this issue. It might be possible few reasons are also there except we have listed above. However, we guarantee you that, just by following the underneath steps, you can resolve your error. These steps helped several users to take away this error permanently. Thus, let us jump into the steps now:
1. Fix Office suite
There are two different steps to fix Office. We will discuss here both of the settings one by one.
Resolve Office via the Settings option
Use the following steps to fix Office using the Windows Settings:
- Open the taskbar, then right-click on the Windows logo.
- In the menu, click on the option of Apps and Features.
- Once the Apps and Features interface opens, find the Microsoft Office app.
- When you found Microsoft Office, click on it and then choose the Modify option.
- Press the Yes button when the User Account Control option arises.
- You will notice a dialog window inquiring how do you want to fix your Office programs.
- If you select Quick Repair, it will use the offline utility which resides inside the system to verifying and fix common glitches. In case it is not able to troubleshoot the issue, you can select the other option to run Online Repair.
- Once all these solutions are finish, reboot your computer and check whether your error is resolved or not.
Repair Office via Control Panel
- First open Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, choose Programs > Uninstall a program.
- On the next page, find the Microsoft Office, then right-click on it, and click on the Change option.
- Go with the option to Repair from the dialog box arise on your window, then follow the commands carefully to continue with the process.
2. Turn on the Click-to-Run Service
This issue possibly arises if the Click to Run service is disabled in the Services screen. In such a situation, you need to turn on the Click-to-Run services and check if it fixed the error.
- Open the Run dialog box by clicking Win+R keys.
- Enter ‘services.msc‘ into the text box and click on the Enter button to open the Services utility. Once you notice the User Account Control pop-up, press on the Yes option.
- From the Services screen, click on the Services option, scroll down and find the Microsoft Office Click-to-Run service.
- Once you find it, double click on it and choose the Properties option from the context menu which appeared on your screen.
- When you are into the Properties screen, select the General tab, and confirm that the Startup type is set to Automatic.
- When you are done with all these procedure and checked that the Microsoft Office Click-to-Run service is Enabled, reboot your system. Then check if the Microsoft Office Error Code 0x426-0x0 has been resolved or not.
3. Perform SFC Scan
Occasionally corrupted system files can also cause to arise this issue. In such situation, run sfc /scannow tool to fix the corrupted system files and to change them with the corrected version. Here are the steps which are provided below to run SFC:
- First run the command prompt in administrative privileges.
- Enter sfc /scannow in your command box and click on the enter button.
- The procedure of scanning will began automatically.
- Wait until the scan gets finished successfully and do not try to close the command prompt.
- Then install or update Microsoft Office and confirm if the Error code 0x426-0x0 has been resolved.
4. Temporarily disable your Firewall
If the issue is still persisting, it is feasible that Firewall rules set on your device might be preventing you from installing the Microsoft Office. In this case, turn off your Microsoft Defender Firewall temporarily and try installing the Office program. Here are the steps to do so:
- Open the control panel.
- Tap on the choice system and security and select the option Windows Firewall.
- Then, click on the choice to “turn windows firewall On or Off”
- Confirm to go with the option and Turn Off the firewall for private as well as public networks.
- Then install or update Microsoft Office and confirm if the Error 0x426-0x0 has been resolved.
5. Turn off your Antivirus
Occasionally Antivirus applications also cause troubles in updating or installing Microsoft Office. In such a case, turn off your antivirus program temporarily and check if it works.
- Open the Antivirus application on your pc.
- Click on the Settings option and go to the real-time protection option.
- Then, confirm to turn Off real-time protection.
- Tap on the Antivirus firewall.
- Now turn off or disable the Antivirus firewall.
- Click YES or OK button to save your changes if prompted.
- Finally examine if the Microsoft Office Error Code 0x426-0x0 has been resolved or not.
We wish that all of these steps are sufficient for you to Fix Microsoft Office Error Code 0x426-0x0. Try out the steps provided above and confirm that you didn’t miss anything. In case if error still persists, then simply consult Microsoft professionals available at Uspcsolutions so as to get best guidance to troubleshoot it easily.