Easy Hacks To Troubleshoot Ricoh Printer Offline Issue Efficiently
Ricoh Printers are among one of the top printer brands available in the market. These printers come with an ink cartridge which is recognized for quality printing. Apart from that, there are few advanced features which are useful for both personal and professional work. However, few issues with the hardware, software, and drive can lead to endless errors in these printers. Despite several innovative features, Ricoh printer can confront some issues like Ricoh printer offline. In case, you are facing such an issue, do not worry. You can easily fix this error by following our guidelines mentioned in this blog. You simply need to go through it carefully.
Symptoms of Ricoh Printer Offline Error:
- You will experience an error message when you switch on the device and your printer.
- The message will arise on the screen and the network will freeze temporarily.
- The printing procedure will slow down or become queued.
- You Ricoh printer status will turn offline or inactive for a few seconds.
Reasons Behind Occurence Of Ricoh Printer Offline Windows 10:
Before resolving this error, initially know about the main reasons that have caused this trouble in your Windows 10 PC. Thus, let’s find out why this issue actually arises.
- The slow connection between the printer & the computer.
- Outdated printer driver
- Connection trouble between the printer and the network
- The printer is unable to recognize the VPN and IP address.
- The LED light is not blinking.
- Printer’s power issue
- Occasionally bluetooth can cause this issue.
- Hardware failure issue.
Things to Consider if you confront Ricoh Printer Showing Offline Error:
Here are main considerations when the Ricoh printer is showing offline. Have a glance at these:
- Red light alert- When the printer is online, a red signal showing on one or several printer channels. A red light will flash if there is an issue with the device. Then the Ricoh printer will not work and it will provide you a fully offline error.
- Online indicator- There is an online indicator that flashes when an error arises. Click on the button to active it.
Effective Techniques to Fix Ricoh Printer Offline Windows 10:
Don’t worry after seeing this Ricoh printer offline error on the screen, because resolving this issue is relatively easy. You can easily fix this trouble with some simple methods and you also don’t need any technical knowledge to perform this. Thus, we recommend that you must perform all the hacks one-by-one in order to get rid of this error.
Technique 1:- Check your Printer Connection
Before beginning this procedure, restart your printer. Wait for a moment and provide time to the printer to be ready. Then, check the printer connection.
If the printer is connected via USB, then examine whether your printer is well-connected via USB cable. Now, check that you are suitably connecting the cable with your device.
If the printer is connected via a wired network, confirm that the device is well connected via the wired network. Then, check if your printer is well connected with the router or not.
To confirm wireless network, check your printer is well connected with your computer or not. The wireless icon signifies that your printer is well connected.
Technique 2:- Reinstall Ricoh Printer
This simple hack works for several users for resolving this specific problem. If you install Ricoh printer in a wrong manner, then it can cause more trouble. Thus, go through the entire steps one-by-one as instructed below:
- Initially, press ‘Windows key+R’ simultaneously.
- When comes a Run box, enter ‘devmgmt.msc’ and click the ‘Enter’ button.
- Open the printer option and right-click on it. Now, select ‘Uninstall’.
- Again, press ‘Windows+R’ keys simultaneously and enter ‘Control’ in the Run box. Now, press the Enter key.
- Open the ‘Device and Printers’ from Large icon option.
- Subsequently, click on ‘Add a printer’.
- Choose ‘Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer’, ‘The printer which I want isn’t listed’ options.
- Now, mark the ‘Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname’ option. Subsequently, press the ‘Next’ option in the right-hand corner.
Technique 3:- Restart your System
Rebooting your device is one of the best solutions to resolve Ricoh printer offline error on your Ricoh printer. Read carefully and apply this solution.
- Initially, unplug the entire wires and cables connected to the device.
- Now, open the printer and clean all parts.
- After that, reconnect the power plug with the Ricoh printer.
- Finally, start the printer.
Technique 4:- Check your Printing Status
Ultimately, reboot your printer. Now, press and hold Windows key and letter I simultaneously on the keyboard. Then, open the Devices option and go to the Device & Printers option. Now, you find a green check mark icon and right-click on it. Subsequently, click on the ‘See What’s Printing’ Option. Now, proceed to the Printer option. If you notice a tick mark beside the ‘Pause Printing & User Printer Offline’ option, click on it to remove the check marks.
Technique 5:- Add a Second Printer
If you are using a wireless Ricoh Printer, then locate the IP address of your printer. Then, press the Windows key +I button simultaneously from your keyboard. Click on the Devices option and choose ‘Devices & Printer’. Subsequently, click on the list of device and printer and go to the Printer Properties option. Subsequently, choose ‘Ports’ and go to the Add port to check the available option. Then, click the Ok button. When the new page appears, choose the second option. Now, click on ‘Next’. Ultimately, enter the IP address to complete this process.
Technique 6:- Check the Connection between Printer and Computer
Check connection between your printer and computer. Replug it, if required. Next, confirm if your printer is suitably connected with the printer. Now, open your printer and device for entering your printer model. Set as a default printer if not, add your printer and set it as your main printer. Check once that the access point and router are shared by system and your Ricoh printer. Check the Ethernet cable and manage the access point settings suitably. Examine again, if your printer is offline or not set as default. Then, figure out if the issue still arises or not.
Technique 7:- Change the Wireless Network Name
Different routers with the similar network name are one of the common causes. We have to fix it fast. It drops the wireless connection. Thus, just go to the following commands.
- Open the menu on your router web-based setup page which modifies your wireless network name.
- Now, provide a new name and save it.
- Then, reconnect your printer with the wireless network safely.
Technique 8:- Change the Printer channel
Now, we are going to change the printer channel for ignoring the Ricoh printer offline error on your printer.
- Initially, open the printer settings folder.
- Now, click on the ‘Change’ icon on the screen and choose ‘Profiles’ in the dialog box.
- Then, select the profile and click on the ‘Edit’ icon.
- When a ‘Printer channel’ option arises in the list, click on the ‘Trigger points’ section.
- Next, open the ‘Channel requirements’ tab and select ‘Print error levels’.
- Look for the ‘Offline’ error to change the “Error Level” to ‘None mode or’ ‘Warning’ message.
- Click the OK button and save entire changes.
- Finally, close entire dialog box and check if the error message appears or not.
Technique 9:- Disable ‘SNMP’
You can resolve this Ricoh printer offline Windows 10 error by turning off SNMP. Thus, try to follow the steps underneath:
- Initially, open the printer Settings and click on the ‘Change’ icon.
- Now, open the ‘Profiles’ section and select ‘General Settings’.
- Then, choose ‘General Configuration’.
- Subsequently, look for the printer status to ‘The only WMI’ and click on the OK button.
- Tap on the ‘Close’ option and save all changes.
- Now, close entire tabs and check the issue once.
Technique 10:- Restart Printer Spooler Services
If none of the above solutions work for this issue, restart the printer spooler services in order to resolve Ricoh printer offline error. Spooler services maintain operations which are connected to the printer. Follow underneath steps to start the spooler services again.
- Press the Windows key and ‘R’ key at same time.
- Now, enter ‘Services. Msc’ command.
- Find the ‘Printer Spooler’ option from the list.
- Then, go to the ‘Printer Spooler’ option and right-click on it.
- When the pop-up menu arises, select the ‘Restart’ option.
- Finally, check if this error message is resolved or not.
Technique 11:- Check Wireless LAN Signal Strength
When you use the wireless LAN, check if the signal strength is affected or not. If yes, then try to shift to a place where the connection is well. Also, examine the wireless LAN signal from the Control Panel section.
Technique 12:- Check Data In
Check if the ‘Data in’ indicator is blinking or not. If not, this signifies the data is not delivered to the computer. There is no interference with the network connectivity. Thus, replace the indicator suitably to resolve this issue completely.
This article provides you a complete idea about resolving Ricoh printer offline issue. Hopefully it will help you to resolve this critical issue. But if you have any query while following any of the above steps or failing to resolve this issue, then it is suggested get in touch with an experienced professional at Uspcsolutions to get the exact solutions to overcome this issue on your Ricoh printer.