Step By Step Solutions To Fix “This PC Can’t Run Windows 11” Error.
Noticing the “This PC can’t run Windows 11” error during checking if your system is compatible with your Windows machine is a heartbreak.
Well, this is error message reported by several users even if their system is having the minimum system necessities.
Anyways if you have downloaded the “PC Health Check” app and receiving the “This PC Can’t Run Windows 11” message then you require to turn on TPM as well as the Secure Boot option on your system.
This, here in this blog, you will get to know the complete information on how to enable TPM and secure boot option as well other essential information connected to Windows 10.
Thus, let get started..!
Windows 11 System Necessities:
There are some basic necessities which help you to install Windows 11 on your PC. If your PC does not match with this necessity, you will not be able to use Windows 11 and you will receive an error message which says “This PC can’t run Windows 11”
- Processor: 1 GHz (gigahertz) / Faster with two or more cores on a compatible 64- bit processor / SoC (system on chip)
- RAM: 4 GB RAM
- Storage: 64 GB or more than that.
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module version 2.0 (TPM 2.0 windows 11)
- Graphics card: WDDM 2.0 drivers or DirectX 12 Compatible graphics card
- Display: 720p HD display, 8 bits per colour channel
- Internet connection: Internet connectivity and Microsoft account necessary for setting up Windows 11 on your PC.
- Hardware: 1024 x 768 minimum hardware necessary.
To find out much about Windows 10 such as specification, features, requirement visit Microsoft Official Website.
How do I Fix This PC Can’t Run Windows 11 Error?
To troubleshoot the “This PC can’t run Windows 11” error, you require to confirm that your motherboard has a TPM 2.0 chip and enable TPM 2.0 support and enable Secure Boot on your PC. To “ON” this support on your PC, please read the following methods carefully:
1 – Examine TPM is Enabled
Initially, confirm that your motherboard has a TPM 2.0 chip. This component is mostly available on many PC, but you are using an old PC then it might not be available. Below is a small process which will help you:
Initially, check a TPM 2.0 is enabled or not:
- Press Windows + R simultaneously to start the Run.
- Then, enter tpm.msc the dialogue box and click on the OK button.
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Management on the local computer will launch.
- Then, Check the value of the Specification Version on the TPM Manufacturer Information section.
- Specification Version must be equal to 2.0
- Then, below the Status section check, TPM is ready to use or not.
- If it displays TPM is ready to use, then it means TPM is enabled.
If TPM is enabled then you don’t require to follow the below commands. But if you find the TPM is disabled then implement the steps to enable it.
Steps to enable TPM 2.0 to run Windows 11
- Restart and press F1, F2, F10, or F11 to open the Startup Menu
- Then, click on ‘Security Tab’
- Click on ‘TPM device’ and a list will present
- Now choose ‘Available’
- Click on save and restart your PC.
Those who don’t notice this console screen and receive an error rather than compatible TPM was not found, it means your PC motherboard does not have a TPM chip or TPM chip is disabled on the BIOS. You will require to enable the TPM status chip, directly from BIOS.
2 – Check Secure Boot is Enabled
Microsoft claims that Windows 11 requires a “Secure Boot compatible” device, for that you require to enable this feature on your device.
To enable Secure Boot on your PC, follow the commands underneath:
- Restart your PC and enter the Boot menu.
- Visit BIOS Setup
- Choose the Advanced tab from the menu
- Then, choose the boot option
- Under the menu, there are many boot option is available
- Choose ‘Secure Boot‘ and ON it.
- Then, save and exit
- Reboot your computer and enter the Boot menu again.
- Then, on the Boot Device option download Windows 11 and install it from the Windows 11 IOS.
It is supposed now the “This PC can’t run Windows 11” is solved. Now learn the other significant information connected to Windows 10.
Run Windows 11 if your PC doesn’t have the Minimum System Necessities?
If you are encountering this error message because your PC doesn’t have the minimum system necessity to install Windows 11 or maybe some other cause, then don’t bother: you can still get Windows 11 on your system using a quick workaround:
Note: If you don’t want to make changes in the BIOS setting then also you can use this solution without any issue.
We will utilise Windows 10 IOS and mount the sources file and copy appraiserres.dll file and paste the appraiserres.dll file on bootable Windows 11 IOS.
This solution will bypass new security checks on the system necessities of Windows 11. To do so follow the complete commands below:
- Let begin, Download Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft official website.
- From context menu right click and choose Mount option.
Note: This procedure can take some time.
- Then, go to Mount drive and open the sources file.
- Locate appraiserres.dll file from sources folder of Windows 10 ISO and copy the file. You can utilise CTRL + C to copy the file.
- Subsequently, go to USB drive Flashed Windows 11 and double click on the sources folder to open it. Now paste the appraiserres.dll file. You can utilise CTRL + V to Paste the file.
While pasting the appraiserres.dll file into Windows 11 Sources folder, you find that the Sources folder also has the similar file as Windows 10 IOS.
Now, click on replace the files that appear on the dialog box. It will replace the entire similar files which are available in the sources folder of Windows 11. Wait till you finish the process.
Once the process is finish, reboot your PC. Then, using Boot Device Options from the Startup Menu, install Windows 11 as we planned.
After this solution, you will no longer get any messages like “This PC can’t run Windows 11” error or Windows 11 system requirements error anymore.
FAQs About Windows 11 Error:
1 – What is the meaning of Windows 11 Upgrade Error Message?
The error message you get while installing Windows 11 on your PC displays: This PC can’t run Windows 11— this signifies Your PC does not meet the Windows 10 system requirements. Several users clams that they also get the following error message while installing Windows 11:
- This PC should support TMP 2.0.
- This PC should support Secure Boot
If you also facing an alike error message. Then don’t bother, you are in the right destination. Please continue to read the blog to resolve the This PC can’t run Windows 11.
Q) How to Examine Your PC Can Run Windows 11?
Microsoft launched a free PC health Check application which helps you to see your Windows 10 system is compatible with Windows 11 or not. For that, download the application and install it on your computer.
- Start the application, locate the Introducing Windows 11 section
- Tap on the Check now button.
- PC health check application will check your Computer.
- Wait for a few seconds you will obtain your result.
But, if you get a message which denotes This PC Can’t Run Windows 11, even your System meets with Windows 11 system requirements, then try enabling the TPM 2.0.
I wish, the information connected to Windows 11 is helpful for you. Also the steps provided is managed to solve the This PC can’t run Windows 11 error message.
It is supposed, now, you are able to use Windows 11 on your pc. In case if you are unable to fix this annoying error, simply consult Uspcsolutions experts so as to get best guidance at your doorstep.